In March 2018, JBM Automation began working with the a growing family in Plainwell, MI on their new home design.
After the initial consultation, the client chose eight rooms of distributed, whole-house audio, two additional rooms of video, and a complete Control4 lighting design and installation.
Plainwell, MI smart home installation
clearly defined goals
The approach during the design phase was typical for us. Install flush mounted in-ceiling speakers throughout the eight rooms of the home, and conceal the gear in an "out of the way" location in the basement of their new home. When working with clients, we take into account their vision of how their home will ultimately look. This allows us to design a system that provides all of the entertainment they desire without the clutter of electronics gear in multiple areas of the home.
What we used
Some of the gear selected for the Plainwell, MI project.
- TruAudio 6" ceiling Speakers
- Control4 remote controls
- Control4 wireless dimmers
- Pakedge Wireless Access Point
- Control4 EA5 Automation Controller
- Triad AMS8 Audio Matrix
- Triad 16-Channel Power Amplifier
- Pakedge RK-1 Multi-Media Router with BakPak
- Pakedge 24 Port Managed Switch
- SurgeX SA15 SurgeX power conditioner protection.
- AVProEdge 18GBPs 4x4 Matrix
- AVPRoEdge AC-EX70 HDMI Extender